BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 3, 2009

Sneaking Off to Diagon Alley

A couple weekends ago Elanor Cadogan, Waverly Trimble and I decided we NEEDED to get away and make a trip to Diagon Alley. We quietly slipped out of Hogwarts early in the morning and made our way to a yarn shop called Yarn Garage. It's such a riot of color and texture...like an explosion in a yarn factory. The aisles are barely wide enough to walk through without knocking something over. We had to get down on our knees to check out some of the funky fibers and just admire all the stuff piled high above our heads. One fun thing about the shop is all the knit models hanging around the shop that we could try on to see how they look.


I did find some fantastic glittery peacock yarn that I just had to have! It didn't photograph well...too blue...but it is wonderful. I have no idea what I will do with that yarn, but it will be something special.


After we finished shopping we made our way to the pub for some fish 'n' chips, bangars and mash and just a few pints of butterbeer! We were almost able to walk a straight line when we got back to Hogwarts.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Moly that is some gorgeous yarn! I can't wait to see what yu do with it. I'm so glad you all had a great time. :-)