BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 13, 2009

An Owl Brought Me A Gift!

At the end of a very long busy week, I was most pleasantly surprised to arrive back at my dorm room to find a wee owl sitting on the top of the pillar at the corner of my bed, but I'm afraid I startled her when I saw the package laying on my bed. I received a most wonderful kit from Clara Clearwater of Gryffindor House. After I fed, comforted and sent Ava on her way, I carefully opened the kit. Here is what first appeared to my anxious eyes! Lots of pretty blue paper!



Look at all the marvelous goodies Clara sent me!! There were two wonderful books from the wish list I keep in my head -- The Magic Loop and Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. I love making socks and have been curious about both these methods of sock knitting. Clara obviously knows I love purple because she gave me two skeins of Gloss yarn from Knit Picks in Cosmos color. She also gave me some merino fingering weight in "out of smoke" colorway from welovethor.etsy.com...SO BEAUTIFUL...plus two mini-skeins in "athabasca" and "black plums". I will have to check out what else this merchant has to offer! Clara included a circular sz 1 knitting needle from Knit Picks which, I'm guessing, she thinks I should use when I attempt this Magic Loop! There was also a package of Orange and Lemon candies which, I must admit, I am savoring!



And then there is the bag!! LOOK AT THIS BAG!! I so love it, Clara!! It's fabric with a felt handle and bottom. The size is PERFECT for my use. It's definitely going with me to work this year. It will be great to take outdoors for knitting during my lunch hour. I really can't tell you how great this bag is!



As if that wasn't enough, Clara threw in a scrabble piece necklace with Tinkerbell AND a pin with Eddie Izzard! I can definitely tell that Clara spent some time stalking me because she certainly discovered how to make me smile!



THANK YOU SO MUCH, CLARA CLEARWATER!! You rock!!

5 comments:

SapphireGypsy said...

I too love Eddie Izzard. I was lucky enough to see him live last year. :D

I love that bag. What a great package. :D

Kari Lu Cowell said...

Awesome package!

Hermione Bagnold said...

WOW! That bag is GORGEOUS!!! And what a great kit! Way to go, Clara!!!

naginata said...

Thanks guys! Sometimes your spoilee is just so cool you get to really do some great things!! ;)
I'm glad you like it Wisteria!!

Queen Frysia said...

Awesome kit! The bag and the yarn--to die for!!!!