BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Week Away

Last week a Muggle friend visited from Canada. She had never been to a wizarding school so I had a great time showing her around Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. It was a exciting week, even if we didn't get much sleep. Unfortunately Professor Lufkin was busy with DADA classes (right? He was there, right?) so he couldn't join us. I showed Amelie around Ravenclaw Tower, the Great Hall, and the grounds of Hogwarts before heading to Diagon Alley and major shopping. She was constantly panicking when the staircases moved, jumping when a portrait talked to her, and grabbing my arm in a death grip when one of the ghosts floated overhead. How different our wizarding world must seem to a Muggle!


While relaxing one evening in the Crystal Cave, a wonderful purple drink arrived at our table. I searched the interior of the pub, but all the tables in the dim candle-lit room were occupied and everyone seemed to be in quiet conversation. I couldn't figure out who had sent the drink. It was a lovely lavender flavored drink with lots of lilac colored sugar crystals on the rim. Soooo delicious! When a second drink arrived, I just had to know who had sent it. The waitress tilted her head in the direction of the far corner and indicated a very interesting mysterious man sitting alone. He smiled and nodded his head. My Muggle friend's jaw dropped. She tried to stop me but, being the friendly person I am, I immediately got up, walked to his table and introduced myself. Meet McGuiness Townsend, a visiting professor of History of Magic from Salem Witches' Institute in the United States. He is visiting Hogwarts to lecture in his very unique manner. History being my favorite subject, I can't wait to attend his lectures! There will definitely be no sleeping in class and I will be in the front row!


0 comments: