BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Holiday in Hogsmeade

Headmistress Wartbobble recently gave us permission to leave Hogswarts and visit Hogsmeade. I was so excited to get away for and spend time with my friends, both old and new. My sister Fleur, Minee and I tried hard to convince Luveday to come with us, but she is extremely quiet and so very shy; we couldn't talk her into joining us. She said she much preferred to spend the time in the quiet Common Room alone with her nose in a large stack of books and with her knitting. I really haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know Luveday because she is so quiet. Hopefully next time she will join us.

Fleur donned her best peacock colored robes, I grabbed my favorite purple, and Minee was a rainbow of flashing colors as we found our way to Hogsmeade. There were students and professors milling around everywhere, chattering and laughing. We first headed to The Three Broomsticks where we indulged in a few mugs of its delicious butterbeer. I hadn't seen Madam Rosmerta since the beginning of the term so it was fun to say hi. Naturally, it was packed wall to wall, but we managed to find a tiny table in the center of the room which we shared with some of the other prefects and head girls.

Next it was on to Scrivenshaft's where I picked up some new quills and parchment. I suppose at some point I should attempt to do some homework! Fleur, of course, had to have peacock feather quills. I hate to admit it, but they are spectacular!

I said goodbye to my friends and then wandered off on my own. I just happened to accidently run into Professor Lufkin standing in front of The Hog's Head. He was most definitely fascinated by the hanging sign on the front of the pub with the severed boar's head and the leaking blood. He invited me to join him in one of the private rooms on the upper floor of the pub. Of course, we discussed DADA.....

I finally had to excuse myself so I could make a stop at Gladrags Wizardwear to see the latest in quirky merchandise. I found the most magnificent socks that undulated in purple and silver which I just had to have. I also found a new shimmering purple robe that found its way into my bag.

By that time I was definitely in need of refreshment so I wandered over to Madam Puddifoot's tea shop. Imagine my surprise when I discovered visiting Professor Townsend in a quiet corner. He invited me to join him and he bought me a lovely cup of tea in a lavender cup. I had to giggle when violet petals and confetti began to shower our table thanks to the floating golden cherubs. What a enchanting change of pace.

It was then time to start the trip back to Hogwarts. Professor Townsend offered to accompany me. On the way we stopped at Honeydukes Sweetshop where Professor Townsend bought me some honey-colored toffees and lavender flavored nougat.

Sigh...what a wonderful day. I hope we get another Hogsmeade weekend soon!

0 comments: