BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The World of Wisteria

I guess it's about time I completed this week's homework assignment, isn't it? I am Wisteria Lovegoods (obviously). Everyone returning to Ravenclaw House will remember my sister, Fleur, who was Ravenclaw Prefect last term. I'm sure you've seen her wandering around Hogwarts. If not, just follow the trail of peacock feathers! I have a few other sisters, namely Lilac, Pansy, Violet, Heather, Iris, and Hyacinth, some of them have already graduated Hogwarts and some are still waiting for their invitations. This term Minee, Fleur and I have a new roommate, Luveday. I sure hope she can find her way through the maze of Fleur's peacock feathers. Just follow the fragrant aromas of all the Konfections that are delivered to Minee!!

The Lovegood family comes from the village of Dergotop, which is about 10 km south of the enchanted Moors of Neere. I really miss the misty mornings on the Moors but I do NOT miss Fleur's peacocks! So I surround myself with all the shades of purple I can find to remind me of the heather covered hills near our home. Mum tried to teach us how to make amulets and fill them with our native flora to protect us on the moors. But, unfortunately, herbology is NOT my strong suit and my attempts at protection amulets and potions mostly fail. ::sigh:: I may need to learn other forms of protection.

Like Fleur, I enjoy Tarot readings and other forms of divination, which WAS my favorite class at Hogwarts until the arrival of our new DADA professor. I am definitely spending lots of time volunteering to assist him and acquaint him with all the ins and outs of Hogwarts! Maybe he can teach me things that my mother wasn't able to teach me! It is a good thing to know how to defend ones self from the dark arts, right?

My family has always has always been involved with the magical manipulation of fibers. My great-grandmother, Agatha Wigworthy, was such an experience weaver, spinner and knitter that she ws able to knit a spell into the socks of the evil Umgubula Slashkilters and saved our ancestral estate. My family's shop, Lovegoods Fabulous Fibers, is well known for producing all the charmed knits you will ever desire, as well as the beautiful fibers for individual use. It's always fun to go into the shop and see all the looms busily kicking out a blur of yards and yards of fabrics, hear the steady hum of the spinning wheels spinning out magical fibers in flashing colors, and listen to the clicking of all the glistening needles knitting scarves, hats, gloves, sweaters and robes in Hogwarts colors. Please drop in to Lovegoods when you're in Diagon Alley. Mum will gladly take your orders for custom dyed fibers.

Well, I see it's about time to check in on our new Professor. He really does get hopelessly lost sometimes...

1 comments:

Jade Bladvak said...

I'm glad to hear that my mum isn't the only one who chose to name her children "themed" names! All of your names are lovely, though... my sisters and I are hoping that our little sister Kelly is the last Bladvak girl. The only remaining shade of green that's suitable for a name is Myrtle.