BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Technique

I decided to try something new yesterday. So I pulled Minee's cauldrons out of storge and conjured up a mixture of strong tea and strong coffee....(after saving a cup or two for me) and soaked some fine linen fabric in it, pulling it out and wadding it up again and again. I then put it on a baking sheet...wadding it up...and baked it in the oven for 15 minutes, basting it occasionally and re-arranging it on the cookie sheet. I then used a hot iron to set the color. It turned out quite interesting..some spots are much darker than I would have liked, but for a first attempt at dying my own fabric, it was fun. I will definitely find something to cross stitch on it.

Now, I wonder how kool aid or other fun dyes would work. I see a BIG mess coming......

2 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

How very interesting...::thinks to self "I wonder what colors I could get green uniforms to turn..."::

Winnie said...

Love the look around here! I was quite surprised upon arriving for my Snitch visit :)

To those who are in search of the Snitch you must look among those who brandish the color of the day.