BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My First Week Back

What a week! I am almost dizzy (or dizzier than usual) with all the activity around Hogwarts. It is so wonderful to see all my friends return to Ravenclaw, but it was also sad to see the empty beds in my dorm room. Poor Minee wasn't able to return to Hogwarts this year following her serious Quidditch injury at the end of last term. It's not pretty when brooms collide. She is now home recovering under the love and care of her parents. Hopefully she'll be able to return to Hogwarts later. The Ravenclaw Common Room isn't the same without her. And Crystal moved to Hufflepuff, so there are no more cauldrons of all colors in my room. It seems so drab and empty without all those cauldrons and yarn drapped everywhere. I guess I'll have to get Knitsy to help me fill those spaces with more peacock feathers, or at least peacock colored things and trinkets.


We do have one first year in Ravenclaw this year, Cassandra Goode, and I'm hoping that she will feel welcome in Ravenclaw. I must remind Knitsy to help Cass get settled.


I am having a wonderful time helping Professor Solum settle in. He's so quiet, but quite a gentle man. Late one afternoon I decided to take a walk around the grounds of Hogwarts to get away from the endless din and activity. I needed some quiet time. While strolling across the lush lawn, I happened to spy Professor Solum sitting in a tree gazing off over the lake.




I wasn't sure if I should approach him or not, but when has that stopped me?? We shared some pumpkin juice and had a nice talk. I know this term will be exciting! I can't wait to show him around Hogsmeade.

1 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

So are you going to do anything for him for Valentine's Day? ;)