Thursday, October 30, 2008
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:22 PM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
This last week I've been so overworked! I seem to be barely making it up those moving staircases to Ravenclaw Tower about the same time as the owls are finishing their nightly hunting. My robes are ink stained, my quills are nothing but nubs, and I'm writing on scraps of parchment. Fortunately Prof. Whitmarch gives a fantastic shoulder massage! So I'm going to drag myself to bed at an early hour tonight. If you see me in multicolored robes tomorrow, you'll know I made it no further than one of Minee's cauldrons!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 8:45 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minister's office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
c. Pumpkin Juice
d. Elf-Made Wine
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
a. Gwenog Smith
b. Gwenog Jones
c. Glen Jones
d. Glen Smith
4. How many 'Exceeds Expectation' grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L's?
5. What is Professor Slughorn's favorite candy?
a. Cockroach Clusters
b. Sherbet Lemon
c. Acid Pops
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
b. Blast-Ended Skrewt
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley's shop wear?
c. Royal Blue
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermoine enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
a. 9 Galleons
b. 18 Galleons
c. 16 Galleons
d. 12 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn's initials?
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:59 AM
Monday, October 13, 2008
As everyone knows, Lavender Ackerly and I fought the duel of the dishclothes. Here is the one I received from Lav. It's great!
I just wish we hadn't been tricked into this duel. Someone ~ or several someones ~ tried to set us against each other and destroy our friendship for defarious reasons. Did they think they could distract us from earning House points by setting us against each other and getting our entire Houses involved? This mystery MUST be solved!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 9:53 PM
Friday, October 10, 2008
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 9:14 AM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Public Art (I forgot my peacock feathers at home this morning.)
Tree Changing Seasons
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:29 PM
Muggle Artifact to which my DH is addicted!
Glass of Butterbeer...MMMM MMMM GOOD!
Government Employee...Senator Barack Obama
Horcrux..where else would I hide a piece of my soul other than in a figurine of my alter ego!
Lucky Potion...if I'm lucky it hides any flaws!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:19 PM
Broom...sorry it's on its side!
House socks being worn...made for me by Grandma Grumblyplank of Gryffindor.
My idea of a diadem!
What more magical creature is there than Mickey Mouse!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:04 PM
Saturday, October 4, 2008
1. What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking? Elixir to Induce Euphoria
2. What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects? Peppermint
3. How much can you get for Acromantula venom? 100 galleons a pint
4. What is the most powerful love potion in the world? Amortentia
5. What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead? A bezoar
6. How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers? disguises them as perfumes and the like
7. What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing? Hiccuping Solution
8. What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder? no light spells (such as Lumos and Incendio)
9. What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death? Wormwood, asphodel, velarian roots and a sopopherous bean
10. How much will unicorn tail hair fetch? 10 galleons a hair
Do you prefer to knit or crochet? Knitting. I don't crochet.
What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with? sock yarn, sport yarn, DK
What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with? I honestly am not too picky, as long as the color is what I am looking for and it isn't stiff and scratchy.
How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet? I think I've know 6-7 pairs so far with MANY more to go.
What is your favorite item to knit/crochet? socks and sweater vests. I want to try fingerless mitts next.
What is your favorite treat? Popcorn!!!
Do you drink coffee, tea, or both? I love both. I also love tea/lemonade.
Do you have an online wish list? If so, where? I have an cross stitch wish list on my personal blog.
How many Ravelry groups are you in? 40
Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area? I can find almost everything I want locally, except the new Opal HP yarn in the Tonks colorway. It sold out before I got there and she isn't getting any more.
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 10:31 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008
One recent beautiful evening, I was giving Professor Whitmarsh a tour of the Hogwarts grounds. It was so beautiful and peaceful down around the lake at sunset. The sight of multicolored swans gliding along in pairs with their graceful necks entertwined was very romantic. Somehow along the way, my foot because tangled in something and I ended up with a broken bone. Professor Whitmarsh was very concerned and helped me back to the infirmary where put me in the care of Emma Wigworthy.
After leaving the infirmary, I wanted to let Professor Whitmarsh know that the break wasn't severe when I saw that Lavender Ackerly had cornered him and was talking his ear off. Being the considerate person he is, he was smiling and nodding his head as Lavender continued to talk and retain him. As I turned to leave, I saw Lavender's robe on the floor so I picked it up and saw that someone had stepped on it and left quite a muddy footprint. I hobbled back to my dorm room where, unfortunately, I tripped and fell into a few of Minee's cauldrons of dye. There was quite a colorful pool of liquid on the floor and, not thinking, I threw Lavender's robe on top of the dye to prevent it from spreadding to my peacock feathers. I must say that Lavender's robe was much improved with the tie-dyed effect...love that florescent pink!
I thought I should probably make good use of my time so I went to Professor Whitmarsh's office to wait for him. I was hoping that he had finally escaped from the trap set by Lavender A. I started straightening up the office and saw that the doors to the cupboards containing cubby holes filled with parchments was open and a few parchments were falling out. I slowly climbed up the ladder to put the parchments back. I was certainly surprised to see that the parchments contained the grades of all the DADA students. A couple parchments fell to Professor Whitmarsh's desk and were smudged. I tried to re-write those grades but Lucious's...er...Lucius's handwriting is sometimes very hard to read. I sure hope I didn't screw up anyone's grade.
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 9:12 AM