Thursday, July 24, 2008
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 9:05 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I received the most wonderful kit from my spoiler, Catriona Lestrange. Upon opening the box I found one of the wonderful little trunks I have so admired. That was my first squeal of delight!
Upon opening the trunk I found wonderful Paton's Classic Wool Merino in blue and gray/silver and beautiful Ravenclaw stitchmarkers and matching bracelet. Squeal of delight #2! I'm a collector of stitchmarkers and these will make a perfect addition! Catriona gave me a pattern for a Fibonacci Felted Bag for which the yarn is intended. She also gave me the size 10 straight needles and size 10 circular needles needed for the bag. I can't wait to start it!! Now that I've discovered felting, it's all I want to do.
Digging further into the box I found a fantastic lined handmade bag. It's in a shaes-of-blue harlequin print and the lining is blue with stars. It has black leather straps and it such a perfect size. Catriona spoiled me even more with a matching needleholder, something I don't have and DEFINITELY need. Insert squeal!
Finally, there is a Wizardology book and notecards. Squeal!!! How could Catriona have known that I have eyed that Wizardology book for AGES? Did a little owl tell her?
Thanks so very much, Catriona!! You did an awesome job on my kit. I truly love it! Extra gold stars for you!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 8:29 PM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
1. When Hagrid returns to Hogwarts after being sent to see the giants with Madame Maxime, Professor Umbridge questions him on his late return to school. She suspects that Hagrid had been to the mountains, but where does he tell her he has been?
c. North America
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermoine are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermoine are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or False?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
b. Dorcas Meadowes
c. Amelia Susan Bones
d. Bellatrix Regulax
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken>
a. Alice Longbottom
b. Marlene McKinnon
c. Emma Fenwick
d. Dorcas Meadowes
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
a. Terry Boot and Mandy Brocklehurst
b. Luna Lovegood and Ernie Macmillan
c. Cho Chang and Michael Corner
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
d. It is transparent.
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
a. Hannah Abbott
b. Padma Patil
c. Luna Lovegood
d. Marietta Edgecombe
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermoine for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
b. "A Compendium of Common Curses and their Counter-Actions"
c. "Achievements in Charming"
d. "Moste Potente Potions"
What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December? TWILIGHT
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 2:37 PM
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 9:28 PM
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Before I go away for the weekend with my family, I better post my homework assignment.
5. Marietta Edgecombe
8. Sirius Black
10. Arabella Figg
15. Order of the Phoenix
20. Madam Puddifoot's
1. Severus Snape
6. Grimmauld Place
7. Ministry of Magic
18. Hog's Head
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
The other night Lavender Ackerly, Emma Dumbledore, Agatha Ackerly and I decided to go on a late night adventure in the Forbidden Forest. Of course, I just had to lead the way. I'm all for adventures! Walking on the carpet of pine needles with a light breeze blowing through the trees reaching for the sky was exciting. I love the peaceful feel of the forest. We were really hoping to find a unicorn since Agatha had never seen one. Unfortunately a unicorn is NOT what we found! I thought I saw something metallic or shiny move out of the corner of my eye. When I said, "What's that?", I felt a hand grab the back of my robe. Lavender and I bravely moved in the direction of the movement with our wands ahead of us. As we got closer, I heard a strange sound as well...a sound I couldn't identify. About that time Emma and Agatha decided they "needed" to get back to the dorm and they quickly scurried back the way we came. Did that stop Lavender and me? Of course not!!
We soon saw something very large with an green striped arrow sticking out of it. We tiptoed forward wondering if this might be Grawp. As we slowly moved forward with our wands outstretched, I noticed lots of shiny, glowing pearl-like stones on the ground around us. Finally we were close enough to look up and saw a Hebridean Black dragon staring back at us with brilliant purple eyes. We cautiously approached it, keeping our eyes on the arrow-shaped spike on its tail. He spread his batlike wings and let out a cry as more "pearls" fell from his eyes. I'm sure he was one of Hagrid's pets who was hiding in the forest. While Lavender stayed with the dragon, humming a calming tune, I ran back to Hagrid's Hut. Poor Hagrid was extremely upset to discover that someone had injured his precious Scottie. We returned to find Lavender with the arrow in hand and Scottie looking at her with loving eyes. I guess our next adventure is to find out who shot an arrow at Scottie!
Posted by Wisteria Lovegood at 4:27 PM