BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just a Little Adventure...

The other night Lavender Ackerly, Emma Dumbledore, Agatha Ackerly and I decided to go on a late night adventure in the Forbidden Forest. Of course, I just had to lead the way. I'm all for adventures! Walking on the carpet of pine needles with a light breeze blowing through the trees reaching for the sky was exciting. I love the peaceful feel of the forest. We were really hoping to find a unicorn since Agatha had never seen one. Unfortunately a unicorn is NOT what we found! I thought I saw something metallic or shiny move out of the corner of my eye. When I said, "What's that?", I felt a hand grab the back of my robe. Lavender and I bravely moved in the direction of the movement with our wands ahead of us. As we got closer, I heard a strange sound as well...a sound I couldn't identify. About that time Emma and Agatha decided they "needed" to get back to the dorm and they quickly scurried back the way we came. Did that stop Lavender and me? Of course not!!


We soon saw something very large with an green striped arrow sticking out of it. We tiptoed forward wondering if this might be Grawp. As we slowly moved forward with our wands outstretched, I noticed lots of shiny, glowing pearl-like stones on the ground around us. Finally we were close enough to look up and saw a Hebridean Black dragon staring back at us with brilliant purple eyes. We cautiously approached it, keeping our eyes on the arrow-shaped spike on its tail. He spread his batlike wings and let out a cry as more "pearls" fell from his eyes. I'm sure he was one of Hagrid's pets who was hiding in the forest. While Lavender stayed with the dragon, humming a calming tune, I ran back to Hagrid's Hut. Poor Hagrid was extremely upset to discover that someone had injured his precious Scottie. We returned to find Lavender with the arrow in hand and Scottie looking at her with loving eyes. I guess our next adventure is to find out who shot an arrow at Scottie!

1 comments:

Agatha Ackerly said...

I guess I shouldn't have called it a night so early! Boo hoo!